1. References the leading category of software for customer data — the Customer Data Platform, or CDP.
2. Relates subtlety to Amperity as a nod to its roots and founders.
3. Conveys the dynamics of data: movement, connections, elegance, complexity.
4. Incorporates the idea of customer-centricity.
5. Establishes credibility out of the gate: Make this feel enticing and professional
6. Considers emergent brand values of innovation, collaboration, expert-focus, and approachability.
7. Integrates the evolving mission the founding members continued to form in the days of the community’s infancy.
8. Supports varied use across multiple mediums and locations: web, email, ads, slide/document templates, and swag.
Over the course of 8 weeks we established a name and graphic vision for the CDPa that embodies the ideals and ambitions of this growing collective. Here are a few highlights from our process and current system: